James T. Patterson, C.P.M., Senior Vice President of Procurement, CentiMark Corporation, Canonsburg, PA
National Roofing Week July 6 - 12th
In honor of National Roofing Week, July 6-12th, CentiMark salutes James Patterson. James has worked in roofing at CentiMark for 27 years and is active on several NRCA Boards and Committees. As an active member of the NRCA, James participates in numerous meetings, conference calls and attends the NRCA’s Annual Conventions.
As part of National Roofing Week, James is also helping coordinate a food drive in our Corporate office as part of our community efforts for food drives throughout North America in the communities where CentiMark and CentiMark Ltd have offices.
NRCA Board of Directors
- 2014-2015 Active Board Member
- 2014 Manual Update Committee - working with a team of knowledgeable industry professionals, James will assist with an update of the NRCA metal panel roof system manual
- 2014 Affiliates Relations Committee - reaching out to local NRCA branches
- 2014 NRCA Retirement Program Committee
- 2013 Manual Update Committee - James assisted with an update of the NRCA membrane roof system manual. The team evaluated new technologies along with best practices and included new products now available from the manufacturers.
NRCA Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress
- 2012- 2014 Second Term Board of Trustee
- The Alliance's objectives are to conduct research and educational projects that support high-quality programs for roofing contractors; ensure timely and forward-thinking industry responses to major economic and technological issues; and enhance the long-term viability and attractiveness of the industry to roofing workers.
At CentiMark, James oversees a team of six professionals who help our 3,500 associates in North America. Their combined efforts improve the processes and products - and ultimately the quality and value of our roof systems - that CentiMark offers to our customers.
His work in procurement for CentiMark includes attending trade shows to seek out new and improved products and equipment; touring manufacturing and distribution facilities to fully understand the processes; and cultivating relationships with best-of-class suppliers. His group also monitors inventory levels in all CentiMark warehouses - especially important in times of severe weather emergencies like a hurricane or tornado.
In today’s economy, businesses like CentiMark look to Procurement for assistance well beyond that of just the materials we install. Equipment, tools, safety, fleet analysis, office supplies, uniforms, services and maintenance all fall under the direction of Procurement.
James is an active volunteer in CentiMark Cares in the Community programs including: fundraising for the annual golf event for Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh; teaching Junior Achievement; delivering Meals on Wheels; helping families-in-need by making repairs to homes and delivering food and gifts for Back-to-School, Christmas and Easter programs. He was instrumental in the startup of the CentiMark Fitness Center for CentiMark associates at the Corporate office in Canonsburg, PA.
Locally, James is the past-president of the ISM (Institute of Supply Management) Pittsburgh, PA affiliate. Founded in 1915, ISM exists to lead and serve the supply management profession and is a highly influential and respected association in the global marketplace.
James and his wife, Deborah (formerly a 15 year CentiMark associate), are the parents of three children. His two sons have both worked part-time at CentiMark during their high school and college years. James and his family live in Canonsburg, PA.