CentiMark is dedicated to providing solutions that may recapture the cost of your photovoltaic investment as well as recover the cost of your roofing system.
Imagine that it starts with just a small piece of silicon and the power of the sun can be harnessed for decades to come. This is what is at the core of photovoltaics. Arrays of cells containing solar photovoltaic material convert solar radiation into direct current electricity which can be used to power a facility, equipment or recharge a battery - a solution that can save your organization thousands of dollars in energy costs annually while reducing reliance on grid-tied electrical systems.
What is photovoltaics?
Photovoltaic (PV) Solar Panels are designed to produce electricity from exposure to the sun's radiant energy. This electricity is considered "free" electricity since no fuels are used to produce it. The process is fairly simple. Silicon wafer semiconductors are exposed to the radiant energy of the sun and produce a small electrical current. To make enough power to be of significance, groups of these semiconductors are connected together in a panel. These panels are arranged in arrays so that the wattage produced is then transferred to a power inverter that converts the direct current produced by the panels into more usable alternating current to run equipment and other devices.
Convert your roof into a profit center
There are many benefits to be gained from the installation of a photovoltaic system on your facility's roof. Over the past few years, companies are demonstrating an increased concern for the environment, heightened energy-efficiency awareness and more stringent fiscal management. This perspective is driving many organizations to seek alternative ways to be both environmentally and fiscally responsible. Advances in solar technologies have also evolved rapidly during this time. The addition of State, Federal as well as Utility company rebates and incentives have made the adoption of solar photovoltaic systems more desirable and affordable.
Several current rebates
- 30% Federal Cash Grant or Investment Tax Credit.
- Local and State rebates (available in certain markets and can be as much as 50% of the system cost.)
- MACRS tax deduction (Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System) which is the process of deducting 85% of the cost of the photovoltaic system over a 5 year period.
- REC's/SREC's/AEC (Renewal Energy Certificates/Solar Renewable Energy Certificates/Alternative Energy Certificates) which is the process of receiving certificates for creating your own power rather than drawing from the utility company.
- Federal Tax Incentive: 30% Investment Tax Credit on installed system cost. Other regional power companies may offer rebates for photovoltaic systems as well.
- For specific state incentives: www.dsireusa.org
- In the correct conditions, your company could realize a photovoltaic system return on investment in as little as one year with an average return within 4-6 years. CentiMark can work with your organization to help you determine if a photovoltaic system is the route to pursue. It's easy to find out. Simply contact us for a free Photovoltaic Feasibility Study.