Fall Roof Preparation Series (Part 2): Every Building Needs a Roof and Fall Roof Inspection!
For 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, your roof can be exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions: rain, hail, sun, snow and wind. As fall begins, it is an important time to ensure your roof is in the best condition possible for the upcoming winter. Heavy snow loads and ice buildup can put a roof system to the test. Fall is an essential time to have a commercial roof inspection.
Since you may not be able to see your roof, you may not think there is a problem. Out of sight and out of mind. Occasionally, roofing problems may be obvious from inside your building, such as water stains, damaged ceilings and mold. This may indicate there is a roof leak that needs to be repaired or a larger roofing issue that needs to be addressed.
With this in mind, CentiMark recommends that roof inspections should be part of your preventive maintenance plan and should be performed every six (6) months – in the spring and in the fall. We also recommend that roof inspections be performed after severe weather.
CentiMark inspectors will:
- Inspect interior of the building first and look for evidence of leaks
- Inspect exterior walls and overhangs
- Check drains, gutters and downspouts to ensure they are free from any buildup and debris
- Assess attic vents
- Ensure flashing around the edge of the roof is in good condition
- Check for any growth of algae or moss
- Document roof surface defects, water-entry points and damage
- Identify necessary safety requirements to remain OSHA compliant and will specify actionable solutions to help you uphold these standards and regulations
After your inspection you will receive:
- A detailed written assessment with photographs
- Cost-effective repair or replacement solutions
- An inspection checklist of over 50 items related to your roofing system, documenting defects, points of deterioration and compromised roof accessories and assemblies in need of repair
Concerned about severe weather damage?
It’s important to consider a roof inspection after severe weather hits because damage may not always be visible. Leaks from heavy rain can wreak havoc on your roof. Water can damage the structure of a building, causing destruction to inventory and equipment. You need a professional who can fix your roofing problem right. CentiMark handles weather related service calls every day throughout North America.
Don’t wait until your roof leaks! Click here to schedule your FREE roof inspection today…why wait?