CentiMark Veterans: Jorge Rivera
Jorge has worked for CentiMark for seven years as a Service Field Supervisor in the Jessup, MD office. He served in the United States Army 19D for five years as a Specialist.
1. Why did you join the military? I wanted to build a solid platform for my life and serve my country during a time of war.
2. How does your military experience affect your life today? I'm very loyal, selfless and dedicated to helping my co-workers and employees at all times.
3. Is there a person(s) that you met in the military that changed or influenced your life? Michael Mayne (KIA,2009). He showed me to stay positive during the worst of times.
4. What experience(s) stands out to you as the most memorable or significant? Being stationed in Alaska and deploying to Iraq are two humbling experiences I'll never forget.
5. What should all Americans know about veterans? Most of us have been through a lot and do not ask for anything in return.
6. What values, freedoms, rights did you feel that you served our country for? Freedom itself. The right to speak how you feel and do as you want with your life.