1. The first step is of the Winter Facility Safety Check List is to sign up at no charge for CentiMark's free Emergency Priority Plus Program. By doing so, you will be placed on a priority list following a severe weather emergency.
Once it is safe to travel, we will send a repair crew to your facility who will inspect the condition of the roof, determine any damage and perform the necessary emergency repairs. This program is designed for all weather emergencies: hurricanes, tornadoes, winter storms, thunderstorms, hail and wind uplift. Click here to register for Priority Plus
2. The next step is to schedule Preventative Maintenance for your roof. Our crews will inspect, clean and remove debris from your roof. They will make sure all drains, scuppers, gutters and downspouts are clear.
3. If your facility does encounter snow and ice, there are products that are recommended for your roof. Snow guards will hold onto the snow at the edge and the peak of the roof. This will eliminate or minimize snow from falling to a lower level. Heat tape is another product that is placed on the downspouts to help control ice build-up. Our crews can steam your gutters to break up ice buildup and prevent the gutter from collapsing. View these products along with our other accessories on FixRoofLeak.com
4. You should have ice melt on hand and place it on sidewalks and surrounding walkways before a snow storm arrives.
5. To prevent slip and fall accidents inside your facility, walk-off mats help employees and visitors dry their feet and keep from tracking water, snow, ice and salt across the floor.
6. Keep mats and interior floor areas clean and dry throughout the day.
CentiMark professionals have the knowledge and expertise to identify potential roofing and flooring problems. We can not predict the winter weather this year, but we can prepare your roof for anything mother nature may decide to send your way.