Would you like to harness the power of the sun?
What is Photovoltaics?
Photovoltaic (PV) Solar Panels are designed to produce electricity from exposure to the sun's radiant energy. This electricity is considered "free" electricity since no fuels are used to produce it. Silicon wafer semiconductors are exposed to the radiant energy of the sun and produce a small electrical current. To make enough power to be of significance, groups of these semiconductors are connected together in a panel. These panels are arranged in arrays so that the wattage produced is used to run equipment and other devices.
Potential savings when using Photovoltaics:
- Federal Cash Grant or Investment Tax Credit
- Local and State rebates available in certain markets
- MACRS tax deduction (Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System)
- REC's/SREC's/AEC (Renewal Energy Certificates/Solar Renewable Energy Certificates/Alternative Energy Certificates) which is the process of receiving certificates for creating your own power rather than drawing from the utility company
- Federal Tax Incentive: Regional power companies may offer rebates for photovoltaic systems
- For specific state incentives: www.dsireusa.org
In the correct conditions, your company could realize a photovoltaic system return on investment in as little as one year with an average return within 4-6 years. CentiMark can work with your organization to help you determine if a photovoltaic system is the route to pursue. It's easy to find out, just contact us for a free Photovoltaic Feasibility Study.
Let CentiMark demonstrate how photovoltaics might work for your facility. Contact us for a free Photovoltaic Feasibility Study.