CentiMark has recently expanded our steep slope capabilities to include shingles. The steep slope products now available include; asphalt shingles, tile, slate, cedar shake, cedar shingles, metal and composites. CentiMark's shingle capabilties offer the following benefits:
- Ice / water shield installed around all roof penetrations
- Gutter apron used on all eaves to ensure proper water runoff into gutter system to not rot out fascia
- Built in lip on drip edge installed on rakes for added wind protection
- The first course is installed utilizing a specialty starter for enhanced wind protection and proper sealing
- Neoprene pipe flashings installed on all pipes to ensure longevity and water tightness
- To prevent ice and water infiltration a valley lining is installed
- Six nails installed per asphalt shingle for added wind protection
- Metal ventilation on all static vents and shingle over application on all ridge ventilation
Our warranty covers both material and workmanship. Best of all, the warranty is transferrable. It stays with the property no matter how many times the building may change owners.
Regardless of your roof type, CentiMark can provide a solution.
Be Prepared. No roof is 100% immune to the damages of rain, hail, heavy winds, tornadoes or hurricanes. Proper construction and preventative maintenance on the roof system does help improve roof performance. However, even roofs that are properly designed and installed can fail during a weather disaster.
- Drains should be clean for free flow of water and all debris, leaves, sticks and/or litter should be removed.
- A roof inspection can prepare your roof for inclement weather by determining if any repairs are needed for defects associated with drainage, counterflashing, penetrations, condition of membrane and roof accessories.
- Ensure there are not any loose metal flashings such as metal drip edge, copings and wall flashings.
- Make repairs where needed for any failed wall flashings.
- Look for areas of excess moisture, water infiltration, loose or open seams and/or blisters.
- Remove unused equipment such as satellite dishes and construction materials.
- Review the terms of your roof warranty. Know the requirements of your warranty for Preventative Maintenance and Housekeeping on your roof.
- Know your local CentiMark Service Team. The main number is 855-483-1975 and you will be asked to input your zip code for a local Service crew.
- Download the CentiMark Mobile APP on your mobile device to quickly and efficiently request service for roof leaks or other problems.
- Register at MyCentiMark.com, our online management portal that contains all the information on your current and past roofing projects to include photographs and warranty information. All the information you need to make good roofing decisions at your fingertips.
After a weather emergency, CentiMark crews need to wait until the roads are safe to travel. Once crews are mobilized, we’ll work to get your building watertight utilizing proper safety procedures. First, we’ll assist with temporary repairs; then permanent repairs and/or full roof replacement.
Proper care and preventative maintenance of your roof can prolong the service life past the intended term of the warranty. Here are five ways to extend the life of your roof.
- The main job of your roof is to keep water out of your building. A good roof system moves water off the roof through drains, scuppers, gutters and downspouts that are working properly and free of debris. With heavy, pounding rains, substantial amounts of water can accumulate quickly on the rooftop. Excessive water on the roof may compromise and overload the building’s structure and may result in structural failure or collapse. To put this in perspective: A single gallon of water weighs 8.34 pounds. One inch of rain on your roof weighs about five (5) pounds per square foot! That water needs a free and easy path off the roof.
- Sealant and caulking on projections and terminations minimizes water flow through cracks or holes and protects from future damage.
- Debris, dirt, exhaust, kitchen or manufacturing grease or fats, ponding rainwater and other pollutants need to be removed. Regular roof cleaning and preventative maintenance can extend the life of the roof system.
- The application of coatings on metal roof projections can prevent corrosion. By forming a barrier around the projections, the protective coating prevents degradation caused by pollutants, chemicals, moisture or oxidation.
- Who is on your roof? Do you have HVAC workers, plumbers, electricians, satellite dish servicemen and/or other trades on your roof? Are safety measures such as walkways, walk pads, guardrails and railings in place? Are these trade workers damaging your roof membrane? Do you keep a written sign in sheet of who goes on the roof?
For facilities, scheduled plant shutdowns help to maintain plants and equipment. Naturally, this is why a shortened period of downtime is critical. It is a great time to do work that cannot be performed during normal business operations.
With the upcoming holidays, it’s time to schedule your plant shutdown and flooring projects.
Why QuestMark? At QuestMark, a division of CentiMark Corporation, our experience and our manpower can get the work done. Our crews and management team work with hundreds of companies during shutdowns regarding logistics and scheduling. Give us a list of your flooring needs and goals for the shutdown - we’ll have the schedule, materials and crews ready to work 24/7 if necessary to complete the projects.
Plant shutdowns are usually short and intense for all parties involved. Let our flooring experts at QuestMark help you through it.