Winter is right around the corner. Yes, we prefer not to think about it or to say it aloud in the middle of summer. But, if you have a roofing project that needs to be completed by winter, it’s time to get that project on the schedule.
Before the actual work on a roof can begin, there are several steps which must first be taken. This includes the approval of contract documents, roofing materials ordered, permits obtained, a safety plan developed, a pre-job meeting conducted to coordinate logistics, safety equipment put into place and roofing materials uploaded. In addition to these steps, contractor backlogs need to be accounted for as well. Strong contractors typically have between a four to six week backlog on average.
With regard to the duration of the actual roofing work you should consider that the average roofing crew of six men can complete between $75,000 - $100,000 of roofing work in a week. Other factors to consider include that days get shorter as we enter the fall; thereby reducing the number of production hours a crew can work. Summer rains and thunderstorms can also delay roofing work.
“Winter weather sets in earlier in New England compared to the rest of the country,” states Mark Cooper, Executive Vice President & Eastern Group Director. “Customers start scheduling jobs in early September to get their roof completed before the first snowfall. To help with the influx of work, CentiMark crews are sent in from all available offices to reduce the backlog. One thing we cannot control is the weather. Occasionally, weather has caused some jobs to be shut down until spring - so get on the schedule early!”
It is essential that you take care of your roof before winter weather begins - that goes for re-roofing or roof repairs and maintenance. The roof work requires planning on your end as well as on the contractor's schedule. Start now. Make the correct decisions to protect your building for winter, starting with your roofing asset.
For American companies doing business in Canada, now is a great time to complete your re-roofing and repair projects. The exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the US dollar makes business favorable for American companies. The Canadian dollar was approximately $0.79 of US dollars as of July 17, 2017.
“American companies that have locations in Canada should take advantage of the positive exchange rate,” says Robert Penney, Executive Vice President & Group Director, CentiMark Ltd, Canada. “Over the past several years, the US dollar has gained a considerable advantage over the Canadian dollar.” Penney adds: “The cost of American companies doing any improvements to their assets in Canada is over 30% cheaper than it was in 2014. Now is a great time to invest in your Canadian assets before the financial conditions change.”
With six offices across Canada and the ability to work in any province, your roof replacement, roof repair, emergency services, flooring services and coating needs can be met.
Invest in your Canadian assets before the financial conditions change.
Terrazzo rejuvenation just got easier and better. Now you can rejuvenate your terrazzo floors with polished concrete techniques. These techniques will allow the natural beauty of your floors to shine through.
If you have terrazzo floors in your building, then you are very familiar with the stripping process used to maintain the floors. This process often leaves the terrazzo floors looking dull. In addition to the overall look, the costs associated with the materials, labor and time can add up.
"The polished concrete process used for terrazzo rejuvenation is a natural process that uses diamonds instead of chemicals," says John Scanlon, Executive Vice President of QuestMark. This process is environmentally friendly and will consist of grinding, densifying and polishing with a stain protection. Your floors will look better, last longer and be safer by being more slip resistant. You will also reduce the life cycle costs going forward by eliminating the future need to strip your floors.
Here is an overview of the benefits of the polished concrete technique for your terrazzo rejuvenation:
- Higher performing – the grind, densify and polish process makes the floors harder, more durable and more abrasion resistant.
- Longer life – the densification process hardens the cement rich terrazzo making it more abrasion resistant.
- Higher slip COF – shoes will grip the terrazzo surface better than a wax or chemical surface making it safer with less chance of slips or falls.
- Reduce life-cycle costs – eliminate the cost of cleaning and stripping floors.
- Better looking floors – the polish process will return your floors to their natural beauty and color.
- Environmentally friendly – the polish process is a natural process using diamonds instead of chemicals.
Does your facility have a parking lot with multiple cracks? Are you re-saturating the surface only to find that it creates a mess and oils are tracked inside of your building? Do you want to extend the time between expensive milling and re-paving?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you should call QuestMark and let us demonstrate how our asphalt coating can eliminate many of the struggles you face with your parking lot. QuestMark coatings are engineered to last longer than typical coatings. Our coatings are a great way to extend the life of your exterior surfaces, provide superior durability and create a safer environment with color options to stripe your parking lot.
QuestMark coatings systems are specifically formulated to:
- Protect asphalt and concrete against UV, water and chemical damage
- Prevent cracking and deterioration
- Keep pavement and environments cooler with solar reflective colors
- Provide superior slip and skid resistance
- Renew existing asphalt or concrete areas
- Offer a water-based alternative that is safer for the environment
What makes QuestMark’s coatings last?
- The coating technology provides superior durability and protection
- Designed to conform to the normal expansion and contraction of asphalt surfaces and will not peel, delaminate, shrink or crack
- Excellent self-adhesion properties and can be reapplied to renew and refresh the surface and re-establish the protective weather barrier
QuestMark coatings have a five year warranty. Along with this, there is a preventative maintenance program that will help prolong the life of your investment.