Following a weather emergency, it may be days or even weeks before a roofing crew can be mobilized and sent to your facility due to peak repair demands. When you pre-register for CentiMark’s Priority Plus Program we make you a priority by sending service repair crews to your facility as quickly as it is safe to travel. Our crews will inspect the condition of the roof, determine damage and perform necessary emergency repairs.
After storm damage from rain, hail and/or hurricanes, the most important priority is to get your roof watertight to protect the inside of your facility. Before you submit claims to repair the damage, you need to have a comprehensive inspection report from a reputable roofing contractor to submit to your insurance company.
Hurricane Case Study: Alamac American Knits LLC, Lumberton, NC
Introduction: Hurricane Matthew was a powerful and devastating Category 5 Hurricane that hit the Southeastern part of the United States October 6-10, 2016. Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina suffered $10 billion in property damages and the loss of 47 lives.
Solution: CentiMark had completed half of a full roof replacement at a 350,000 square foot facility for customer Alamac American Knits LLC when Hurricane Matthew hit Lumberton, NC.
Hurricane Matthew blew away 30,000 square feet of the roof system and damaged the remaining 320,000 square feet.
Alamac, a ten year CentiMark customer, called their insurance company after the hurricane hit. Their second call was to CentiMark.
“I would like to recognize the outstanding assistance last fall  in response to the damage our plant sustained from Hurricane Matthew,” stated Mark Cabral, President, Alamac. “During the hectic time after the disaster, I was able to focus on our employees, customers and other critical business concerns while CentiMark took care of our short-term and long-term roofing needs.”
Here’s how Alamac and CentiMark worked together in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew:
- As soon as the roads to the plant were reopened, CentiMark assessed the damage and assisted Alamac with prioritizing a recovery plan.
- Together, Alamac, CentiMark and their insurance adjuster discussed the details of the recovery plan together to ensure that all parties were on the same page. This early relationship-building made for a smooth project implementation for all parties involved.
- Within two days, CentiMark delivered the proposal to replace the finished goods warehouse roof that was blown off during the hurricane. This comprehensive and thorough proposal was sufficient for immediate approval by the insurance company to begin replacement work on the roof.
- Once Alamac had approval from their insurance company, CentiMark was on site less than two weeks from the delivery of the proposal for re-roofing with a crew and materials.
- CentiMark worked diligently with Alamac and their insurance company to negotiate the final insurance settlement on the roof. Because of early relationship-building by all parties involved, the negotiations went very smoothly under very difficult circumstances.
“Dealing with an over $2 million roof project can obviously be taxing on any organization. CentiMark’s ability and willingness to offer finance options were a notable service and very beneficial,” added Alamac President, Mark Cabral.” There are a multitude of testimonies I can give where CentiMark demonstrated outstanding customer service. What stands out in my mind is how easy CentiMark made it for Alamac to do business. This freed me up to focus and concentrate on managing our business during this atypical and challenging hurricane event.”
CentiMark will help secure your facility and assets so you can focus on your employees and business with peace of mind. Following a weather emergency, ensure your building is watertight by working with a reputable roofing contractor.
The repair or replacement of your roof system can be one of the largest expenditures that a building owner or manager makes.
Here are some tips to help you prepare your roof replacement or repair budget:
- Plan in advance - Do you know the current condition of your roof? Understanding the condition of your roof is the first step in helping you prepare budgets for roof repair or replacement. Our roof evaluation outlines your roof life expectancy and highlights any current problems or repairs that need to be made so you can plan for the future.
- Consider roofing materials - Are you aware of the materials currently used on your roof and the advantages/disadvantages of those? Take time to research and compare pros and cons of each roofing material available to you to find the one that best fits your environment, needs and cost.
- Find the right contractor (we hope you choose us!) - The right contractor won’t just install the roof, but will also guide you to getting the best that you and your company deserves. Roofs typically don’t fail because of material, more often it is because of workmanship. That’s why CentiMark focuses on workmanship and attention to detail, which we back up with our Single-Source warranty.
We service and install all major roof systems and have over 80 offices across North America to fulfill all of your roofing needs. Let us help you prepare your roofing budget by scheduling a free roof inspection.
Plant shutdowns are good for business! While there is no convenient time to shut down a plant for maintenance work, plant shutdowns are a necessity for manufacturing facilities to maintain plants and equipment. This work typically cannot be performed during normal business operations. Weekends and the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays tend to be popular times to schedule the work.
Plant shutdowns are usually short and intense for all parties involved in the work. While there is also a loss of revenue and production during the plant shutdowns, the return on investment (ROI) is continuous, uninterrupted production going forward.
The results of plant shutdowns include: improved safety, aesthetic improvements, less equipment failures, increased facility compliance with governing agencies (OSHA and USDA) and overall improved production.
Why work with QuestMark, A Division of CentiMark Corporation on your floors? Because we have the experience, crews and management teams to get the work done. We coordinate the logistics, procurement and scheduling. Give us a list of your flooring needs and goals for the shutdown - we’ll prepare a schedule, order materials and mobilize crews to work 24/7 if necessary to complete the projects.
Does your plant need any of these flooring enhancements, repairs or services to function at top efficiency?
- Assess safety concerns and provide solutions such as safety stripes and logos.
- Address concrete floor problems including: holes, cracks, joint problems, uneven sections, exposed concrete, delaminated coatings, lippage or failed overlayments.
- Evaluate the performance of your existing DiamondQuest® floor with dust/gloss readings, evaluation of cleaning products and equipment and repairs.
- Improve aesthetic issues like stains, dusting and dullness.
- Save money on equipment by filling in the joints so that hard wheel traffic (forklifts) run smoother and minimize damage. This also reduces product spillage which saves money on broken and/or replacement products.
- Make floor surface improvements to even floor surfaces and minimize jarring and back injuries when driving equipment in a warehouse or plant. This helps reduce injuries and minimizes employee time off.
- Visit our Catalog for all your D.I.Y projects. We offer floor patch, coatings, floor maintenance products, along with the tools and accessories needed to get the job done.
What are your flooring needs for a plant shutdown?
The beginning of fall means winter is right around the corner which can bring harsh weather for your roof. In addition to being one of your building’s most valuable assets, your roof can also be one of the most vulnerable. Even the strongest and most durable roof can have some weaknesses. Without a proper roof inspection in the fall, your roof system may be susceptible to major damage during the winter months. Fixing any issues before the freeze/thaw cycle begins will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.
A professional roof inspection ensures continued efficiency and extends the optimum life of the roof. CentiMark offers a proactive approach to roof maintenance with our Five Point Inspection Program and on-line roof management, which offers you ease, accuracy and accountability when managing your roofing projects.
Our Five Point Inspection Program includes:
- Complete inspection of the roof including flashings, drains, gutters and walls.
- Preventative Maintenance planning to avoid roof failure, evaluate energy efficiency and review OSHA compliance.
- Roof Condition report with rooftop photos and repair recommendations.
- Housekeeping services to assess weather damage, pollution and debris.
- 24/7 emergency roof repair service at 855-483-1975 or through our mobile app.
We offer all major roof systems and have over 80 offices across North America to fulfill all of your roofing needs. Let us help make sure your building is watertight and you, your employees and assets are well protected.
QuestMark recently partnered with PowerNation to install a Premium Epoxy Garage Floor Coating Kit in the Detroit Muscle Garage. This two coat polymer floor system creates a great looking and highly durable surface that creates a barrier of protection between gasoline, road salt, motor oil and other common substances found in your garage.
See what Gannon Pritchard at PowerNation thought about their new floors by watching the video here and get 15% off your Premium Epoxy Garage Floor Coating Kit by typing the code “powernation15” at checkout in our catalog!