Your facility's roof is often out of sight, out of mind. But keeping it out of your annual budget planning may cost you. Overlooked roof damage from inclement weather or aging may result in additional costs and consequences when you end up with roof leaks.
To avoid that, make sure to stay proactive regarding the condition of your roof and allocate enough in your capital and operating expense budgets. How can you stay ahead of roof leaks? By educating yourself about your roof and planning accordingly.
- Schedule a comprehensive roof evaluation - The first step to determining your 2023 roofing budget is a detailed roof evaluation by a reputable commercial roofing contractor with a proven track record. Initial water intrusion may go undetected for a long time for an untrained eye before it becomes a visible concern. A comprehensive roof evaluation will provide you with photographs, a written assessment, repair or replacement recommendations and budget numbers. All of this is key to staying on top of your roof's condition and addressing issues before they escalate. Timely repairs are more crucial than ever as the current materials shortage makes any roofing job more expensive.
- Take a deeper look at your roof's history- Is your warranty still active? What type of warranty do you have? Do you need an extension? Discuss your options with your CentiMark roofing professional.
- Ask about our maintenance plans - Whether your roof is new or aging, regular preventative maintenance and cleaning are essential to extending its lifespan. Clearing out debris, unclogging drainage systems, removing vegetation growth and addressing minor repairs or deterioration before they escalate into a more significant issue will allow you to lower your roof's repair cost over time. Budgeting for a maintenance plan in 2023 will help you extend the life of your roof.
- Keep an eye on weather forecasts - While the weather can be uncertain, you can look into local trends over the years and 2023 weather predictions from reputable sources. National Weather Service and Climate Prediction Center have several tools that may help you with your research, including Experimental Unofficial Long-Lead Forecasts. To stay informed regarding the current and upcoming hurricane season, you may want to take advantage of the latest updates and resources from the National Hurricane Center and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Inclement weather can put any roof to the test, from excessive wind to airborne debris and precipitation. Budgeting for roof emergencies is paramount.
- Roofing industry trends - Raw material shortages are still driving the price of roofing supplies up. It is crucial to be ready for material price increases. Factors like fuel prices and labor shortages may drastically affect roofing quotes depending on your location. Stay up to date with the NCRA Supply Chain Shortage Information page and ensure a contingency is included in your 2023 roofing budget.
With over 50 years of expertise and 95 offices from coast to coast, we are your local roofing contractor. We offer 24/7 emergency services, customized roofing solutions for replacement or repairs and preventative maintenance. We want to ensure that you are maximizing your investment when it comes to your facility’s roof. Need help establishing your 2023 roofing budget? Contact us: https://bit.ly/CommercialRoofingServicesUSA