Rejuvenating Terrazzo Floors
Terrazzo rejuvenation just got easier and better. Now you can rejuvenate your terrazzo floors with polished concrete techniques. These techniques will allow the natural beauty of your floors to shine through.
If you have terrazzo floors in your building, then you are very familiar with the stripping process used to maintain the floors. This process often leaves the terrazzo floors looking dull. In addition to the overall look, the costs associated with the materials, labor and time can add up.
"The polished concrete process used for terrazzo rejuvenation is a natural process that uses diamonds instead of chemicals," says John Scanlon, Executive Vice President of QuestMark. This process is environmentally friendly and will consist of grinding, densifying and polishing with a stain protection. Your floors will look better, last longer and be safer by being more slip resistant. You will also reduce the life cycle costs going forward by eliminating the future need to strip your floors.
Here is an overview of the benefits of the polished concrete technique for your terrazzo rejuvenation:
- Higher performing – the grind, densify and polish process makes the floors harder, more durable and more abrasion resistant.
- Longer life – the densification process hardens the cement rich terrazzo making it more abrasion resistant.
- Higher slip COF – shoes will grip the terrazzo surface better than a wax or chemical surface making it safer with less chance of slips or falls.
- Reduce life-cycle costs – eliminate the cost of cleaning and stripping floors.
- Better looking floors – the polish process will return your floors to their natural beauty and color.
- Environmentally friendly – the polish process is a natural process using diamonds instead of chemicals.