Insurance Storm Claims - Get Your Roof Watertight AND Get Help With Processing Your Claims
Following a weather emergency, it may be days or even weeks before a roofing crew can be mobilized and sent to your facility due to peak repair demands. When you pre-register for CentiMark’s Priority Plus Program we make you a priority by sending service repair crews to your facility as quickly as it is safe to travel. Our crews will inspect the condition of the roof, determine damage and perform necessary emergency repairs.
After storm damage from rain, hail and/or hurricanes, the most important priority is to get your roof watertight to protect the inside of your facility. Before you submit claims to repair the damage, you need to have a comprehensive inspection report from a reputable roofing contractor to submit to your insurance company.
Hurricane Case Study: Alamac American Knits LLC, Lumberton, NC
Introduction: Hurricane Matthew was a powerful and devastating Category 5 Hurricane that hit the Southeastern part of the United States October 6-10, 2016. Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina suffered $10 billion in property damages and the loss of 47 lives.
Solution: CentiMark had completed half of a full roof replacement at a 350,000 square foot facility for customer Alamac American Knits LLC when Hurricane Matthew hit Lumberton, NC.
Hurricane Matthew blew away 30,000 square feet of the roof system and damaged the remaining 320,000 square feet.
Alamac, a ten year CentiMark customer, called their insurance company after the hurricane hit. Their second call was to CentiMark.
“I would like to recognize the outstanding assistance last fall  in response to the damage our plant sustained from Hurricane Matthew,” stated Mark Cabral, President, Alamac. “During the hectic time after the disaster, I was able to focus on our employees, customers and other critical business concerns while CentiMark took care of our short-term and long-term roofing needs.”
Here’s how Alamac and CentiMark worked together in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew:
- As soon as the roads to the plant were reopened, CentiMark assessed the damage and assisted Alamac with prioritizing a recovery plan.
- Together, Alamac, CentiMark and their insurance adjuster discussed the details of the recovery plan together to ensure that all parties were on the same page. This early relationship-building made for a smooth project implementation for all parties involved.
- Within two days, CentiMark delivered the proposal to replace the finished goods warehouse roof that was blown off during the hurricane. This comprehensive and thorough proposal was sufficient for immediate approval by the insurance company to begin replacement work on the roof.
- Once Alamac had approval from their insurance company, CentiMark was on site less than two weeks from the delivery of the proposal for re-roofing with a crew and materials.
- CentiMark worked diligently with Alamac and their insurance company to negotiate the final insurance settlement on the roof. Because of early relationship-building by all parties involved, the negotiations went very smoothly under very difficult circumstances.
“Dealing with an over $2 million roof project can obviously be taxing on any organization. CentiMark’s ability and willingness to offer finance options were a notable service and very beneficial,” added Alamac President, Mark Cabral.” There are a multitude of testimonies I can give where CentiMark demonstrated outstanding customer service. What stands out in my mind is how easy CentiMark made it for Alamac to do business. This freed me up to focus and concentrate on managing our business during this atypical and challenging hurricane event.”
CentiMark will help secure your facility and assets so you can focus on your employees and business with peace of mind. Following a weather emergency, ensure your building is watertight by working with a reputable roofing contractor.